Prochemko® offers you a range of products to clean and hydrophobize facades. The product selector helps you on your way quickly to find the right solutions for your problem. This website contains many more products for similar problems. Our advisors are happy to help you with additional advice.
Cleaning and protection of facades is generally done because of the lifespan extension of the building and for aesthetic reasons. New facades are cleaned before the building is delivered; older facades because pollution, salt outgrowths, algae and moss growth are likely to have caused or will cause damage. A study by Prof. dr. Dr. Ir. P.C. Krijger has found that at known building damage cases, 40% is caused by moisture. Preventing moisture in the facade construction, for example through hydrophobing, is one of the main protection methods.
The substrate can consist of:
- Concrete or concrete stone, there are various types and qualities
- Brick, there are various types and qualities
- Natural stone such as blue limestone, marl limestone, sandstone, marble, travertine etc
- Artificial stone in which natural stone is incorporated
- Sand-lime brick or aerated concrete
- Plastering, cement-bonded, mostly plastic modified
The most common contaminants are:
- Atmospheric / industrial attack
- Rubber or seal puncture marks (glazing, mounting, sealing)
- Oxidizing metal puncture marks (roof trim, etc.)
- Organic attack / growth
- Algae, mosses (green attack)
- Fungi (black attack)
- Feces from insects and birds
- Flowering out of salts (various types) and cement veil
- Combinations of contamination
Discover the complete range of best facade hydrophobing products
Need more info? Contact us.